MCYO SOCCER PROGRAM GENERAL RULES
Varsity (8th Grade and Under) $325.00 per team
Cub (6th Grade and Under) $275.00 per team
Both the Varsity and Cub Leagues will be governed by the Minnesota State High School Rules with the following exceptions:
- Games will consist of two 30 min. half’s (teams will switch ends for the second half).
- VARSITY regular season ties games will go to the MCYO overtime shoot out format. CUB regular season ties will go to one FULL 5 min. overtime period.
- Play-off/Tournament overtimes will follow the MCYO play-off overtime rules format.
- Teams may play with 8 players. In this case, both teams may match up.
- Varsity league will use the Number 5 ball. Cub league will use the Number 4 ball.
- League games will be played on most Saturdays and Sundays due to field availability.
- Rescheduled games will be scheduled by the MCYO office as soon as possible.
- Officials will be assigned by the League. Should an official fail to show, the coaches will be responsible for selecting an official, or officiating the game themselves. The Game Must Be Played.
- Winning Coach will call in the score.
Field locations will be listed on the web site www.mcyo.net.
Please park in provided areas and help keep the field and surrounding areas clean.
Whenever possible, spectators/ supporters must remain behind their team’s sideline.
Following the Varsity regular season, teams will seeded according to record and will participate in the MCYO City Play-offs. The top two teams will represent our League in the annual Twin City Championships
Following the Cub regular season, a single elimination tournament will take place.
THERE IS NO FEE FOR MCYO SOCCER POST SEASON COMPETITION.
MCYO PLAY-OFF SOCCER OVERTIME RULES
- All MCYO playoff and tournament games will continue until a winner is determined. If a contest must go beyond regulation, the following overtime rules will apply
- Following regulation play, a coin flip will take place at centerfield. The team that lost the toss at the start of the game will call this toss. The coin toss winners choices will be the same as the first coin flip.
- There will be one 5 minute overtime period which will be completed to determine the winner. If the game is still tied, after 5 minutes of play, the teams will switch end and begin a second “sudden death” overtime period. The first team to score will be declared the winner.
- If the contest is tied after the second overtime period the teams will participate in a “shootout”. Each team will select 5 players and a goalie from their team (only players who participated in the game are eligible from this point on – goalies can be changed at any time and can also shoot) The coin flip winner will have the choice of shooting first or second (loser of the overtime flip will call the toss). All 5 players from each team must shoot. If the score remains tied, we will begin a “sudden death” shootout.
- Each team will select 5 new players to shoot for the “sudden death” shootout (the 5 shooters may not include any player involved in the first shootout). The coin flip winner (call by the loser of the last toss) will have the choice of shooting first or second. The official will determine which goal will be used. Each team will alternate shooters until a winner is determined. If the score remains tied, the teams will repeat the selection process. The first 5 shooters are ineligible. This format will continue until a winner is determined.
THE MCYO CODE OF CONDUCT WILL BE ENFORCED