- Pitching Distance: Varsity 40 feet – Cub 35 feet.
- Teams may start with 9 players and can continue with 8 players.
- Minimum 3 foot – Maximum 10 foot pitching arc, measured from the point of release.
- Games will consist of 6 innings. The 10 run rule is in effect after 31/2 or 4 innings (Team behind must have batted 4 times).
- MCYO RETAINS the 4 ball – 3 strike count (including foul balls).
- ALL CATCHERS MUST WEAR A MASK AND CHEST PROTECTOR.
- Game balls must be 11 inch (white or yellow) ASA approved softballs.
- Bats must be ASA Softball or MCYO approved.
- UNLIMITED RE-ENTRY RULE (ALL PLAYERS): Players may re-enter a game as many times as a coach determines. Players MUST REMAIN IN THE SAME SPOT IN THE BATTING ORDER. They may play any defensive position in the field including pitcher. Umpires and score keepers must be notified of any changes. THIS RULE SHOULD BE USED FOR PLAYER PARTICIPATION, NOT AS A TOOL FOR COACHES.
- Grade school boys may not coach MCYO softball teams, whether in the bench area or coaching bases.
- Coaches, players or spectators are not be present directly behind the backstop.
- Games will be scheduled 11/2 hours apart. No new inning will begin after 1 hour and 15 minutes into the game.
- Because of field use agreements, team must be ready to play within 10 minutes of the scheduled time. Teams arriving late will not be able to take infield warm-up.
- Exchange lineups with the coaches/scorekeepers prior to the game. Both coaches and Umpire should verify the score after each inning.
- Any protest must be handled at the field and must follow the MCYO procedure. The game must continue. Any coach who takes their team off the field during a game will forfeit their right to protest and could adversely effect their season.